Wednesday, February 1, 2012

disappointments....

Today was a very disappointing day.  There were a few disappointments on the homefront, a few more at work and just a bit more with life in general. Even the sky was a disappointment, as I was hoping for snow or a bright sunny day. Neither occured. It was gray and overcast and, well, just... blah.

I have a hard time dealing with blah days in the winter. If it were spring, summer or fall, I would run out and play in the flower beds or the vegetable garden. To get a bit dirty and to dig in the earth always heals my inner soul.  But in the winter, I don't have that option. I have yet to find something that soothes the soul as well as dirt.

But as I was mooping about, my 5 year old Miss M. had a friend over after school to play.  These two are like soul mates, but alas, after two hours of playing, some feelings got hurt and it was time for friend to go home. Miss M. and I walked the friend home and as friend's mom and I were talking, the girls moopped about outside. However, after a few minutes, they were playing tag, laughing---alas, life was good again.  

On the way home, Miss M wanted to race me home. Why so excited and anxious to get home? Silly mom, she replied, it's bubble bath night! I just loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee bubble baths!

What do I have to look forward to tonight? I had to pause and think....but I now realize --there is is a warm fire burning in the kitchen fireplace,  a roof over my head, my family is in good health, my husband is working 3-part time jobs, uggh, but he has a job! my daughter wants to race me home, because it is bubble bath night and also, I remembered the love from God. 

While my daugher in living the grand life in the bubble bath this evening, I will be singing a favorite song as a child. The words are:

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.


He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.
--by  Clara W. McMaster 


And that, my friends, is 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...